A suggested course of action is to call in experts such as a fire and water damage repair company when finding damage to your home due to water, either from a sluggish leak that has gone unnoticed for years or storm or flood damage. After flood loss, their expertise is washing up and can be useful in organizing the right course of action to follow as well as carrying out the requisite repairs.Do you want to learn more? -follow this link
But even waiting for flood damage repair specialists to come, there are precautions you should take that might preserve some of your precious possessions. Five basic tasks to perform whilst anticipating their delivery are described below which will speed up the phase of restoration.
- By opening windows, circulate the air with fans – the number one opponent is going to be the mold and mildew that will start developing and destroying anything beyond repair. The longer the space is humid, the stronger the need for mold and mildew to emerge.
- Remove whatever rugs and floor coverings you can – a lot of moisture can be stored in carpets and rugs and if they are hanging up and aired, the drying method will be more successful.
- Place the legs of furniture on blocks of wood – you have to bring the furniture up and out of it as fast as you can if there is water on the surface. The more it remains in the bath, the more humidity it consumes.
- Remove soaked fabrics – as in floor coverings, these can contribute to the moisture content of the space such that they have to be taken outdoors if cloth such as curtains, bedding and lounge coverings get damp.
- Using a dehumidifier – operating it with the windows closed would aid immensely in beginning the drying phase if the weather is warm and a dehumidifier is accessible.